1. Hal Draper’s piece on Israel posted by angelus novus at Contested Terrain (and linked to here) has prompted a very thoughtful, intelligent response by Mira Vogel, posted at Engage and Greens Engage, two excellent British left-wing anti-racist sites.
2. Larry Gambone has a couple of recent articles of interest, most notably his dissection of the myth of Lenin’s “libertarian” State and Revolution (a myth that Draper contributed to).
3. Via Bermuda Radical (a bit Pabloite for my liking), I came across Sebastian Lamb’s critique of J Sakai and his theory of “settler” racism – useful.
5. Principia Dialectica lay into Amadeo Bordiga and his cult here.
Below the fold: From the archive of struggle, no.22
New at Libcom:
- One of my favourite Marxists, Sylvia Pankhurst, on the emptiness of isms , on the New Economic Policy , on much more besides.
- A short biography of Mexican anarchist Esteban Mendez Guerra who fought with Pancho Villa and was a close associate of the outstanding anarchist Librado Rivera. And a short biography of Jacob Kaplan, stirring anarchist orator, active in Leeds and London.
- Aghis Stinas on class struggle, internationalism and revolutionary defeatism in Greece during the Second World War. [Page currently not working, but material comes from this section of the Antagonism page, and specifically from Stinas’ memoirs.
- Otto Ruhle on proletarian youth groups during the post-WWI revolutionary period in Germany .
- Adam Buick on Bordigism, plus Bordiga versus Pannakoek.