July marks the 20th anniversary of the death of Michael Harrington. This post is for him.
- In the last issue of New Politics: “Michael Harrington and the Twilight of Capitalism” by Jason Schulman. Harrington as a Marxist theorist.
- The Activist features four essays on Harrington.
- In a recent Huffington Post: Billy Shore on social media and social justice.
- From the archive: “Tear down the ghetto”, 1964, Village Voice.
- George Bass on Maurice Isserman on Michael Harrington on poverty. And here’s the Isserman article.
- Socialism is as American as apple pie!
Another American radical:
American Radical: The Life and Times 0f I. F. Stone by D. D. Guttenplan, 2009. Reviewed at The Socialist Webzine. Guttenplan talking about it. At HuffPost, talking about Stone and Michael Jackson. Ex-radical Ron Radosh with a different view.
One day in July
Via Renegade Eye: One day in July, a page made in 2004 to commemorate the 1934 Teamsters’ Strike in Minneapolis. A great site.