Nestor Makhno was born today in 1888.
January 5, 1919 – August 28, 1921
|Born||October 26 (November 8), 1888
Huliaipole, Russian Empire (today Ukraine)
|Died||July 6, 1934
|Political party||Anarchist communism|
|Occupation||Anarcho-communist revolutionary, painter, stagehand|
For further reading, go to the Nestor Makhno Archive, and also the Kate Sharpley Library:
- Alexander, Richard. Nestor Makhno, Anarchy’s Cossack: The Struggle for Free Soviets in the Ukraine 1917-1921 by Alexandre Skirda [Review].
- Alexandre Skirda, Nestor Makhno – Anarchy’s Cossack : The Struggle for Free Soviets in the Ukraine, 1917-1921 [Review].
- Dubovik, Anatoly and D.I. Rublyov. After Makhno : The Anarchist underground in the Ukraine in the 1920s and 1930s: Outlines of history & The Story of a Leaflet and the Fate of Anarchist Varshavskiy.. NEW!
- Bourne, Randolph, Ricardo Flores Magon, Gustave Hervé, Anna Key, Louis Lecoin, Pierre Ruff and An Uncontrollable from the Iron Column. No war but the class war! Libertarian anti-militarism then and now.
- Makhno, Nestor. My Visit To The Kremlin.
- Makhno, Nestor and Alexandre Skirda. The Struggle Against The State And Other Essays.
- Makhno’s Black Cross.
- Manifold, John. Makhno’s Philosophers.
- Meltzer, Albert. A Rebel Spirit (obituary of Leah Feldman).
- Skirda, Alexandre. Nestor Makhno – Anarchy’s Cossack.
- The Struggle Against The State And Other Essays by Nestor Makhno, edited by Alexandre Skirda [Review].
- The Truth about Nestor Makhno.
- Meltzer, Albert, Alexandre Skirda and Ossip Tsebry. Memories of a Makhnovist Partisan.
- Voline, Leo. Interview with Leo Voline.