My new favourite blog: Journeyman. See for example:
- The (original) February Revolution
- Bury the historical hatchet ? On Socialist “Unity” versus the anarchists. (More on that from Ian Bone and more again.)
- The embarrassment and dangers of strange bedfellow… On the WRP and Gaddafi. (For more fellow travellers, see Andrew Coates on Anthony Giddens, Gaddafi and the third way.)
- The fetishisation of commodities. On Marx at the Great Exhibition.
- ‘Break the law not the poor’ ? On Poplarism, Popular Frontism and other isms.
- History Is Ours … On the revolutions in North Africa.
Via the Journeyman, On This Deity. Some recent samples:
- 28th February 1906 – The Publication of Upton Sinclair’s “The Jungle”
- 27th February 1917 – Czar Nicholas II Abdicates
- 25th February 1956 – Khrushchev Lights the Fuse
- 22nd February 1943 – Beheading of the White Rose
- 20th February 1895 – the Death of Frederick Douglass
- 19th February 1942 – Roosevelt Issues Executive Order 9066
- 14th February 1831 – the Death of Vicente Guerrero
- 12th February 1909 – The Founding of the NAACP
- 8th February 1921 – the Death of Peter Kropotkin
- 4th February 1987 – the Murder of Meena Keshwar Kamal
- 3rd February 1787 – Shays’ Rebellion
- 2nd February 1970 – the Death of Bertrand Russell
- 1st February 1851 – the Death of Mary Shelley
In a related vein, a great post from Rustbelt Radical: Egypt, the Commune and Coriolanus; Marx and Shakespeare in Historic Times
And a soundtrack to this post: Nina Simone.
Below the fold, from the archive of struggle, via Entdinglichung:
* Boris Souvarine: Les Journées de Février (1934)
* Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista (POUM): Révolution espagnole, 7. Oktober 1936
* Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista (POUM): Révolution espagnole, 24. Oktober 1936
* Paul Mattick: Stalinisme et bolchevisme (1947)
* Bert Cochran: Prospects of American radicalism (1953) – Pabloite split from the James Cannon SWP.
* Cornelius Castoriadis: The Role of Bolshevik Ideology in the Birth of the Bureaucracy (1964)
* Libero International No.5 (September 1978) – on Bakunin and the history of anarchism in Japan
* Socialist Organiser: Gaddafi, Ken Livingstone, and the left (1988)
Related Articles [auto-generated]
- One More Philosopher-King (philosophyinatimeoferror.wordpress.com)
- 22.1.41 (orwelldiaries.wordpress.com)
- al-Poum (poumista.wordpress.com)